After the agonizing victory against Porto, Atlético de Madrid visits the BayArena willing to take a giant step towards the 1/8 of the Champions League. Sabina already sang to the mattress suffering, but you don’t have to take your people to the brink of a heart attack like on Wednesday. At least, the passion and the house brand fight are non-negotiable, more so with Cholo. In front they will have a Bayer Leverkusen that has not started the course in the best way.
Bayer Leverkusen vs Atletico Madrud Preview
Bayer is penultimate with 4 points in six games, with the addition of having lost in the 1st round of the DFB Pokal against Elversberg of the 3.Bundesliga. Bad times for Gerardo Seoane’s men, who did not go beyond 2-2 on Saturday in their visit to Hertha Berlin. The Hispanic-Swiss is playing pieces, but the results do not arrive. The 4-2-3-1 with Schick up is undeniable. Substitutes on Saturday, we hope they return baker -Hicapié would return to the axis of the rear-, Aranguiz or Andrich.
As it happened against Porto, Oblak is the great unknown of Atleti. He played in the European debut when we didn’t expect it, but on Saturday he wasn’t called up. At least he has traveled to Leverkusen. Koke, Llorente or Joao Felix did not start in Balaídos after being fixed for Cholo so far this season, and his ownership at the BayArena is taken for granted. Once again, we will have to wait for ’63 to see Griezmann on the pitch. Matheus or Felipe are available again for Simeone, Giménez is still KO.
- Bad start for Bayer: Apart from losing 1-0 in Bruges, they have only won one game after six Bundesliga games. They come from drawing in Berlin, losing the other four days… and in the Cup.
- 11 goals against: Bayer Leverkusen only managed to keep a clean sheet in the win against Mainz. He has conceded 11 goals in six games, six in the last three games he has played, including Bruges.
- Undefeated away from home: Atleti have started the season somewhat irregularly, but they have delivered away from home. 0-3 in Getafe, 0-1 in Mestalla and 1-1 in Anoeta with the controversial goal by Sadiq Umar.
- Latest Precedents: Bayer and Atleti met in the group stage of the 19/20 Champions League, with Atleti winning at home (1-0) and Bayer at home (2-1). Atleti eliminated Bayer in 1/8 of the Champions League 16/17 (2-4 and 0-0).
Prediction Bayer Leverkusen – Atletico Madrud
Bayer’s lousy start invites you to bet on the mattress victory. Covering a hypothetical tie, we have a more than interesting quota. The numbers of the Germans speak for themselves: they are penultimate in the Bundesliga, they are conceding a lot of goals and have lost all their home games. The dynamics are not the best, and perhaps we have to prioritize domestic competition. Beyond the puncture against Villarreal, Atleti has been solvent at this start of the season seeing more goal than usual with Simeone. And if things get complicated, on the bench is the wild card Griezmann.
Other tips Bayer Leverkusen vs Atletico Madrud
- The wise bet: Result minute 10 draw (1.16 in winmax ). They are two teams in whose games the first goal takes time to arrive. I don’t think they take too many startup risks.
- Nothing to lose: Atletico Madrid wins (2.60 in Casino Gran Madrid ). Those of Simeone arrive much better than Bayer. They are slight betting favourites, I think the odds are higher than they should be.
- funbet: Griezmann last scorer (8.00 in PokerStarsSports ). We repeat last week’s funbet, which is already out. We do not expect him before ’60, he will surely come out with the shotgun ready.