It is still a mystery how the ‘Chess Player’ board will be designed for his debut with the Peruvian National Team. Despite this, John Reynoso made it clear that it is not unreasonable to start with two points this Saturday against Mexico, in the Rose Bowl in the United States. He also spoke about how the group is from the emotional point of view, after the pain of losing to Australia in the playoffs: “I see a team with that desire to have an opportunity and continue competing at the top of Conmebol”.
Lecture by Juan Reynoso live
- Juan Reynoso on the possible lineup against Mexico: “Having two strikers is one of the options. We have not closed if we go with two or one. If the presence of Raúl Ruidíaz is guaranteed, he will not go to the Seattle Sounders”.
- About the debut in the ‘Reynoso era’: “Everyone is accommodating to what we are asking for. This team has a definite style, but in the thick of the game it is likely to have a similar theme to the previous process..
- About the works with the complete establishment: “We were able to work from yesterday (Wednesday) afternoon. Luis Advíncula and Carlos Zambrano were the last. The option of Renato Tapia and Pedro Aquino is also a possibility. About Gianluca Lapadula I can say that he is an area forward with great offensive production. With the level of players we have, it’s difficult to design things.”.
- On the style of play: “We have our own style. Our intention is, like them, to be aggressive. As long as we have the ball, we have to be aggressive too.”.
- On rotation of goalkeepers: “The intention is that most of the summoned play to see them in action. We should take advantage of these friendly matches and more so we who are just arriving. Watching them train will give us a better experience.”.
- Juan Reynoso on the illusion of the first game in the white and red: “Happy, calm and with a little anxiety because it is a dream of life that I am fulfilling. Much more against a rival who gave me a lifestyle. It is an important challenge because we want to win it and much more because we are a coaching staff with people from Mexico”.
- About the campus: “Before they were hit by what happened with Australia. Now I see a much better human group, a winning team that has been fighting in the last qualifying rounds. I see a team with that desire to have an opportunity and continue competing at the top of Conmebol”.
- Juan Reynoso on Yordy Reyna: “I have seen Yordy well. More adapted to being outside. He is a player that we will surely see in one of these games. As always, he tries to have a goal and most likely he will play”.
- Difference of managing a club and selection: “It’s another methodology, you have to measure the efforts of the players. We have had five or six days with some and others less. Very attentive to the support with technology to review numbers and not go overboard with the load issue.
- The desire to win in the debut: “There is always a better one if you win playing well. It may be that the rival surpasses you and you win, but it would not be the best feeling. I hope for a better result for what we have been working on”.
- The team game idea: “A team that defends when they don’t have the ball in any sector of the field. In addition, that we have a variant in front of the goal with the good possession that characterizes us so as not to be badly stopped in any against the rival. We are a team that loves to have the ball and we are not going to reduce it. Yes, surely we are going to add being a little more vertical”.
Peru faces Mexico in an international friendly
The Peru vs. Mexico is scheduled to be played this Saturday, September 24 from 8:00 pm (Peruvian time) at the Rose Bowl Stadium and will mark the debut of John Reynoso against the country that saw him reach glory repeatedly, as a player and as a coach.
This Thursday 22 the team will train in the afternoon from 5:30 pm where we could notice a possible lineup to start this weekend international participation. Before that there will be a press conference by Juan Reynoso and Pedro Gallese, with a view to the match against those led by Gerardo Martino.
For Friday, September 23, the “white and red” will train at the Mt San Antonio College Soccer Fields from 10:00 am where there will only be 15-minute access for the press. For this reason, the DT would prepare the strategies to face the next friendlies against Mexico and El Salvador.
Receives our newsletter: We will send you the best sports content, as Depor always does.