VOD News brings you the best releases of the week on Netflix, HBO Max, Amazon Prime Video, Disney+… And we start week thirty-eight with a private matter, a new Spanish series that stands out for discarding, but with style. That said, there is a little bit of everything for everyone.
In fact, the Prime Video offer for this week, even with the undeniable media success that this filthy thing called The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of PowerIt is very well stocked. Beginning with a private matteryes indeed.
a private matter is the new original Spanish series for Amazon Prime Video, a Bambú production that, with a few exceptions, is a carbon copy of everything they’ve done so far: grand hotel, Velvet, the wire girls, high seas… You get it, right? Indeed, a private matter It is a smug period series, but with a pleasant and entertaining bill in broad strokes. Although it also suffers from the common mistakes of the production company.
We see this, for example, in the role of Aura Garrido (The Ministry of Time), one repeated ad nauseam that shows us an empowered girl, with an imposing personality with which she sweeps wherever she goes, constantly claiming the role of women in society… All this in the Galicia of the 40s, although being high class as she is, it’s all a bit more boring due to the repetition of the character than one might wish.
However, Marina Quiroga, that is the name of her character in a private matter, comes from a family of policemen (by the time, very Francoist, of course) and is passionate about criminalistics who will be involved in… a private matter, of course. That is where the best of the series is: in the mystery and the touch of humor that accompanies everything and that crowns the second in command, a Jean Reno (Lion, The visitors) that manages to recover almost every scene he is in.
Definitely, a private matter It is the same series as always, with that period atmosphere that they know how to make in Bamboo so well, with the same flaws as always… but if you like period and detective mystery series that don’t take themselves very seriously, give him a chance. You like the same.
Changing the third, Amazon Prime Video launches a thriller of terror that may sound familiar to you: Good night mom; and it is about the remake of the Austrian title of the same namedirected in its present adaptation by one of those responsible for the striking new cherry flavor and played by Naomi Watts (King Kong, The impossible, Mulholland Drive). It doesn’t seem to have caught up with the original, which you’ll also find on Prime Video, but the premise is most unsettling.
Lastly, Amazon has become exclusive with Licorice Pizzaone of the nominees in the past Oscar Awards and one of the most successful films by Paul Thomas Anderson, director of Magnolia either boogie nights.
More exclusive content:
- 13:14: The Help Challenge. «After the earthquake of September 19, 2017 at 1: 2 p.m. in Mexico, Juanpa Zurita used her influence on social networks and raised funds for the reconstruction of Ocuilan, a small town near Mexico City. What could go wrong with such a noble cause involved?
- Good night mom. “Two twin brothers arrive at her mother’s country house and find her with a bandaged face. According to her, it is due to a recent cosmetic surgery. However, as her mother’s behavior becomes increasingly erratic and unusual, a horrible idea hits the boys.
- the grand tour (T5). “On their first post-pandemic trip, Jeremy, Richard and James go to the frozen wastelands of the Scandinavian Arctic Circle.”
- edge of tomorrow
- Ancien and the magical world
- annabelle come home
- Apollo 18
- Barry, the king of disco
- Blinded by the Light
- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
- With a head full of honey
- Crazy Stupid Love
- Four Weddings and a Funeral (miniseries)
- The Exorcist: The Director’s Cut
- The concert
- the accountant
- The unknown
- Ellie’s dream
- the eagle has arrived
- rebellious innocence
- It Chapter 2
- The Belier family
- The invasion
- the bandos
- the lyonians
- Lucky Luke: The Daltons’ Run
- While we are young
- Mystic River
- no one runs away forever
- game night
- Oliver Twist
- UNCLE Operation
- rescue the titanic
- seven psychopaths
- Silvana without wool (T1)
- I’m legend
- The Town
- A dangerous decision
- vacation to kill
- Warcraft: The Origin
We continue with Netflix, which brings a lot, but in a quick review, what is not bad, is worse. And how dangerous is the amount of rottenbrain rubbish he throws at the youngest! But just like in a dunghill you can find valuable items, on Netflix you can find exceptions to the rule such as…
First of all we have Cyberpunk: Edgerunnersthe new Netflix anime series based on Cyberpunk 2077 Of which we already anticipate something, so I refer you to that entry if you want to know more. Now, if all you want to know is if they got it right, the answer is… yes, they did! And I don’t add anything else, because it’s not worth it. It will be short for you.
There’s more, and I mean there’s more to anime worth noting. In this case it’s a movie called drifting home and in the absence of having more criticism or seeing it, which I have not yet had the opportunity, just because of the drawing and the story that they pose, I feel like it. Which then is bad… well, once and no more. But good looking, a priori, it has.
- Broad Peak. After climbing Broad Peak, Maciej Berbeka discovers that his ascent to the top is not considered complete. 25 years later he is about to finish what he started. »
- Missing in Lørenskog (T1). “When the wife of a billionaire goes missing, the Norwegian police take on the press and dishonest informants to uncover the truth. Based on true events.”
- Destiny: The Winx Saga (T2). “A group of teenagers determined to master their extraordinary powers grapple with rivalry, love, and supernatural studies at the magical school Alfea.”
- The King, Vicente Fernandez (T1). «This was the personal and professional life of ranchera icon Vicente Fernández, from his humble origins to his rise to fame, over several decades.»
- Jo Koy: Live from the Los Angeles Forum. “In this epic monologue, Jo Koy talks about sneezing, perseverance, sleep apnea complications, and what happens if you get lost in the Philippines.”
- Jogi. “Amid a tense climate in 1980s India, three friends from different faiths risk their lives trying to save hundreds of people.”
- the catholic school. «In 1975, three students of a male Catholic high school in Rome commit a crime that shocks their classmates and the entire community. Based on true events.”
- Liss Pereira: Average Adult. “Comedian Liss Pereira speaks bluntly about relationships, coming of age, and being something in between (neither perfect, nor all that disastrous) in a world of extremes.”
- The sins of our mother (T1). “When Lori Vallow’s children went missing, a search for her revealed a trail of suspicious deaths, a new husband who shared her apocalyptic vision, and a murder.”
- The heartbreaker (T1). “An incendiary mural reveals the secret hookups of Hartley High students. Its author Amerie, now disowned by all, must deal with the chaotic repercussions.
- revenge now. “The dethroned queen of an elite private school makes a secret pact with a new student to avenge each other’s enemies.”
- Holy (T1). “Two cops on opposite sides of the Atlantic embark on a desperate search for a bloodthirsty international drug trafficker whose face has never been revealed.”
- Skanda! Wirecard’s downfall. “The ambitious digital payments company Wirecard has impressed the financial sector with its outsized success. Until a tenacious team of journalists uncovered the great fraud.
- term (T1). “The legendary Fatih Terim retraces his footballing career: from his days as a player to his exploits as a coach capable of leading several teams to glory.”
- A Second Chance: Gymnastics School (T1). “After suffering an injury, young American gymnast Kyra Berry is given a second chance to make her dreams come true (and get a scholarship) in Australia.”
- i was famous. “A former boy group star gets an unexpected second chance at success after forging a bond with a prodigious young drummer.”
- Chico & Rita
- how to train your dragon 3
- My God, but what have we done to you?
- the victory dance
- The less thought day
- mirror, mirror
- happy day of your death 2
- Loreak (Flowers)
- Mat Kilau
- Requirements to be a normal person
- Robocar Poly (T1-T4)
- Soldiers of Salamis
- Living is easy with closed eyes
We pass with HBO Max, whose most outstanding launch is that of the fifth season of The Handmaid’s Talealthough to highlight something newer I have preferred to put…
desde, a series that has rebounded on the platform, although it is not even an exclusivity as such. In fact, as a producer it should have ended up on Amazon Prime Video and was expected on Netflix, but look where it ended up. The point, what interests you as an HBO Max subscriber, is that it is a mystery, horror and science fiction series that is endorsed by moderate criticism. And the plot is one of those that catches… and never better said.
More exclusive content:
- bird girl (T2). “In this Harvey Birdman spin-off, Judy Ken Sebben, aka Birdgirl, assembles a quirky team to fight crime.”
- The Handmaid’s Tale (T5). “Based on Margaret Atwood’s award-winning bestseller, this drama series chronicles the dystopian life of Gilead, a totalitarian society that formerly belonged to the United States.”
- the spookys (T2). “Up-and-coming comedians Julio Torres and Ana Fabrega join Fred Armisen and Lorne Michaels in this comedy about an eccentric group of friends who turn their passion for horror into a quirky business.”
- Love on wheels
- Arthur and the Minimoys
- Snowwhite and the legend of the hunter
- bridge and tunnel (T2)
- yogi bear
- the other bodyguard
- The Snow White Chronicles: The Huntsman and the Ice Queen
- MS1: Maximum security
- I like it. Share. Follow
- Mothers of the Revolution
- black snow
- Reservoir Dogs
- Rick and Morty in the Eternal Nightmare Machine
- Rick and Morty vs. genocide
- Rick and Morty: Samurai & Shogun
- Rick and Morty: Summer Meets God
Finally, Disney + is not for nothing, unless you were waiting for a platform that was made with malcolm in the middle whole (Didn’t Netflix already have it?).
- 9-1-1: Lone Star(T1-T2)
- hanging in philadelphia (T12-T15)
- Leave No Trace
- malcolm in the middle (Complete series)
- Risky lies
- Pocoyo (T1-T4)